St. Luke Early Childhood Center
Call us: 727-787-2914 FAX: 727-786-8648
Our faith filled, professional staff and administration bring years of dedication and experience in the field of early childhood education to our rich curriculum. Our curriculum meets all of the standards and benchmarks required by the State of Florida and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
- Kathie Mitchell - Director
I am thrilled to be in my 23rd year here at St.
Luke ECC. Both of my children attended
preschool here and I feel blessed each day to
work with your children- your little miracles! I
have my BS and my CDAE.
- Diane Robertson - Pre-K/VPK Teacher
This is my 27th year here at St. Luke ECC
and truly enjoy teaching Pre-K. I have a
degree in Early Childhood Development and
Education and love the inquisitive mind of the
- Rickey Damone - Three's Teacher
I began here at St. Luke's 18 years ago,
when I enrolled one of my daughters. I have
my AS in Early Childhood and love being a
part of each child's education journey.
- Claudia Useche- Three's Teacher Both of Miss Claudia's children attended St. Luke ECC. This is Claudia's 6th year teaching here. She has a BS and her FCCPC Teaching Certification. She is very happy to be working with our 3 day Threes and teaching Spanish in our VPK extended day class.
- Christine Potak - Two's Teacher
This is my 13th year teaching here at
St. Luke's. I have been teaching pre-school
since 1995 and have my Bachelor's degree
in Education. We enjoy providing a very
nurturing and positive environment in our
- Ray Pickens - Pre-K/VPK Teacher
This is my 12th year teaching at St. Luke's.
I have my CDAE and I love teaching. In
addition to my Pre-K classroom, I also enjoy
sharing my love for science in our monthly
- Marybeth Miller - KMO Program Marybeth is currently working on her AS in Early Childhood and enjoys working with our littlest children in our KMO program. Marybeth is starting her 4th year.
- Gail Noyes- Lunch Bunch Program We are excited to have Gail join us this year in our Lunch Bunch Program. She looks forward to sharing her love of Zumba with the children!
- Stephanie Murphy- Admin. Assistant
I have worked at St. Luke ECC for 15 years
and all four of my children attended pre-
school here. I enjoy working with such a
wonderful staff and friends. It is very
rewarding to be a part of such a wonderful
early childhood center.
- Susan Slattery- Pre-K/VPK Teacher
I am enjoying my 20th year here at St.
Luke's. I have my CDA and love working
with children each day. I am originally
from North Dakota... a long way from
- Susan Darowiche - Three's Assistant Susan began working at St. Luke's in 2016. She worked in Catholic Schools in Pompano Beach for 15 years. She is excited to be working with our 3's class.
- Heather Crouch - Three's Assistant
This is Heather's 2nd year at St. Luke
Early Childhood Center. She has her teaching certification and has worked in Early Childhood for seven years.
- Maggie McDonald- Two's Assistant
Maggie is starting her 3rd year here at St. Luke's. She has enjoyed working in KMO and is looking forward to working with Christine in the 2's class. Maggie has her
BA in Human Development.
- Judy Insalaco- Pre-K/VPK Assistant This is my 16th year teaching at St. Luke's. I have a BA and my CDAE and enjoy teaching. I was born in Mass., but moved to Florida as a teenager.
- Kerry Scarlata - ABC Morning and Kerry is beginning her 3rd year and enjoys working with the children making them feel right at home in our ABC Club in the morning and KMO program. Kerry is working on her CDA.
- Bailey Austin- ABC After Care We are excited to have Bailey join us this year. She has her BS in Early Childhood and looks forward to creating an afternoon of awesome exploration for the children.